Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Course
November 2nd & 3rd 2021
09:00 – 14:45 EST
The Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) program provides the knowledge and skills needed for early recognition, effective treatment, and stabilization of children with life threatening emergencies, using a structured, sequential approach. Using the structured approach, a tried and tested practical method of treating children during the crucial first few hours of a life-threatening illness or injury, ‘Advanced Paediatric Life Support: is The Practical Approach’ used broadly by doctors, nurses and allied health professionals dealing with emergencies in children.
The program is being offered virtually through a synchronous online digital platform. Participants will have an opportunity to engage in small group interactive lectures, case-based discussions, and simulated resuscitation scenarios. An innovative virtual resuscitation room will be used to allow participants to simulate management of critical paediatric resuscitation scenarios.
- Paediatric Assessment
- Non-traumatic surgical emergencies
- Virtual resuscitation room simulation: Shock / respiratory emergencies / cardiovascular emergencies
- Paediatric procedural sedation
- Children with special needs
- Toxicology ingestions and smoke inhalation
- Virtual resuscitation room simulation: Neonatal emergencies / CNS emergencies / traumatic injuries
- Post program assessment
Who Should Attend:
- Paediatricians, family physicians, emergency physicians
- Physicians in an office, urgent care setting, hospital or other inpatient facility or emergency department who might be called on to care for a paediatric patient
- Residents or fellows who will be expected to provide timely treatment to children
- Nurses, paramedics, physicians assistants and other allied health professionals who are involved in treatment of paediatric patients especially in urgent care or emergency settings
Course Completion Requirements:
- Pre-course reading – Advanced Paediatric Life Support: A practical approach to emergencies (included with registration fee)
- Attendance 2-day synchronous online learning
- Completion multiple-choice examination with a minimum score of 80%
Course Completion Card:
APLS Course Completion Cards are valid for 4-years. The APLS Steering Committee recommends that all physicians who treat pediatric patients attend an APLS Course once every 4-years.
Fees: $695.00 CAD*
*Please note our cancellation and refund policy: A fee of $100 will be retained on all cancellations. Requests for a refund must be in writing. Refunds will not be allowed for cancellations received after October 15, 2021.